Last updated: April 2020
“At Sabon, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. The Sabon team members are customers themselves, of both Sabon of course and other brands – so we deeply appreciate and respect how important privacy is.”
- https://www.sabonuk.co.uk (hereinafter: the “Site”) is an internet website operated by Sabon UK Limited (hereinafter: the “Company” and/or “Sabon” and/or “We”), whose registered address is 38 Neal Street, London WC2H 9PS.
- Information on the way we collect your personal data
- The Security measures we take to ensure the respect and protection of your personal data
- Your individual rights in terms of right to access, correct, or delete your personal data in accordance with your local data regulation
- General information about the Company and its products, as well as an online store for the sale of the Company’s products (collectively the “Services”).
The terms set forth below apply to both genders and any reference in the male form is for convenience only. Moreover, terms in singular form shall also apply to the plural and vice versa.
By using the Services offered on the Site, you are deemed to agree to our use of your information in accordance with this policy. We encourage you take a few minutes to read through and contact us if you have any queries.
We collect personal information in the following ways:
We may collect technical information, linked to identifiers to perform statistical analysis (in order to prevent errors and to improve our Services), such as:
- Anonymous User Ids
- Type of device you are using and device IDs
- Browser type
- Access times
- The features or functionality you selected whilst using the Services
- Your general geographic location. As a rule, we will.
Required information – in order to make an order, you must provide us with certain information, such as:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your contact information
- Your membership information
- Your order and delivery information
- Information related to your account on the website
- Your credit card information
We may ask you for additional and/or other information during the order process in order for us to enhance your user experience, improve the value and quality of the Services and to analyze use of the Services. In the event that you choose to purchase certain services and products offered on the Site, you may be required to provide additional information in order to complete such purchase.
If you choose to register to the Site and/or create an account in the Site, we will also collect personal information from you that enable you to be identified, such as your name, your phone number and your email address. Whether or not you provide us with this kind information is always entirely under your control. In order to minimize the impact on your privacy, we will never knowingly collect more Personal Data than is strictly necessary to perform the activities described in this policy.
We may combine personal information with non-personal information in order to enhance your user experience, improve the value and quality of the Service and analyze use of the Service.
In addition to the information that is collected in the manner described above, you may choose to share with us additional information about yourself in the context of the Service, and if you choose to do so, you do so at your sole discretion and responsibility.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties in the context of your purchase of services on the Site, unless you grant your prior written consent for such disclosure, or unless we are required to disclose such information in accordance with a court order or a legal proceeding, including proceedings concerning prevention of fraud.
Storing and Protecting Your Personal Information
Your personal information will be stored and processed on our computers or servers located in various jurisdictions in accordance with applicable law in such jurisdictions, including privacy laws. As a result, your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those countries according to laws in those countries. Subject to the applicable laws in such other countries, we will do our best to transfer your information via protected, secret and secure channels. By providing us personal information, you agree that your information may be transferred to and stored in these countries. We will keep and use your information in order to comply with our own legal obligations, for resolving disputes concerning your use of the Service and to enforce the terms of this Agreement.
We make the confidentiality and security of your personal information our highest priority and we limit access to it to our employees who need to come into contact with it in order to fulfill their role and enable the Services to be provided to you .
Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure and we are therefore unable to guarantee the security of the information which you share with us at your own risk.
Use of the Information and Personal Data
We may us personal information in a variety of ways, including by contacting you, on the Site, by email or other correspondence and through third parties. We use personal information for the purposes set forth in this Policy and in accordance with applicable law. Generally, we use personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the services and products that you selected or purchased
- Provide you with marketing information concerning the Company and the Site
- Send you satisfaction, market research and quality assurance surveys
- Send you sales offers from us and our business partners that we believe you will find of interest
- Enhance our understanding of our market and improve the products and services that we offer.
Sharing information with third parties.
- Abide by any instruction given as a part of a legal proceeding, including, but not limited to, summonses to civil and criminal proceedings, court order and/or obligatory disclosure in response to the demand of governmental entities, authorities and/or agencies
- Provide customer service-related solutions; (4) to report to your legal advisor (if any)
- Protect the rights, property or personal security of Sabon, its customers or the general public. Without derogating from the generality of the aforesaid and at our sole discretion, we may provide third parties, including potential advertisers on the Site, certain non-personal information concerning use of the Service, for various purposes.
Links to third-party sites and services
Third-parties are external partners or services that can be used by companies, including Sabon, to fulfill a certain number of needs such as:
- Website operational functions: customer reviews, customer service, etc.
- Logistics: order preparation, shipping/delivery, returns
- Data processing & Communication management (email, SMS, push notifications…) with platforms such as Salesforce, Mailchimp… for services from operational communication (order confirmation, delivery confirmation…) to information or promotional newsletters sent by email or SMS
- Online third-parties used for Advertisement purposes: campaign display banners, banners of social media… with company such as Rakuten
- The fact that the Service links to other sites or services, or presents a banner or other form of advertisement, should not be interpreted as an endorsement or approval by us of such third-party and does not constitute a declaration of any form of affiliation with such third party. If you click on a link to a third-party site or service, including an advertisement, you will leave the Site or the Services you are using and will be transferred to such third-party site or service.
- Online third-party sites and services may set “cookies” or other devices on your computer or mobile device and may collect personal information from you. Other sites and services are governed by terms that differ from ours with respect to collection and/or disclosure of personal information that you provide.
- However, in the prospective of giving our customers the customers can modify their choices directly in the cookie banner.
Last updated: April 2020
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we and our service providers may plant on your computer, mobile or other device that allow us to identify your web browser or device when you return to the Site and/or when you use the same computer or browser. Cookies allow our systems to recognize your browser so that we may track your usage trends on the Site, improve our quality of services, create a personalized user experience on the Site and provide you with third party advertising on the Site and elsewhere. Your browser may give you the ability to block or delete cookies should you wish to do so.
You can use the ‘Help’ menu in your browser for further information.
Cookies on our website may be set by us, by third parties under contract with us, or by independent third parties such as advertisers.
Cookies placed on your computer as a result of your use of our Site will never be stored for longer than 13 months from the date of your last visit.
The table below sets out the various types of cookies that we (or relevant third parties) may use and includes information you can use to control and learn more about such cookies.
Why we use it and additional information
Strictly Necessary Cookies (Functionality Cookies)
Strictly Necessary Cookies, also called Functionality Cookies, as their name suggests, are vital to the proper functioning of the website. They enable us to remember your selections between pages, meaning we can pass that information on without you ever having to re-enter it.
Analytics and Statistic Cookies
Marketing and Advertisement Cookies
Our Site may serve advertisements that are relevant to you by displaying interest-based advertisements. We may also use advertising solutions delivered by third parties (such as: ADARA Google DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), Google Adsense for Search (AFS), SalesForceDMP, Rakuten, etc.) to serve you advertisements relating to the Services when you are on other websites.
You can opt-out of third-party advertising networks using your information for interest-based advertising by using the cookie banner displayed on this website and its button “. To learn more about targeted advertising and how you can accept or refuse (opt-out of) this type of advertisements, we recommend that you visit www.aboutads.info/choices or www.youronlinechoices.eu
You will need to opt-out on each device you use to access the Services.
Please note these opt-out mechanisms may use a cookie on your device, and if you clear the cookies from your browser it may ‘forget’ the opt-out.
Social Media Cookies
We may transfer to your information to third parties that provide us with services, including web maintenance and information verification. These third parties will have access to limited information that is necessary for the performance of their services and not for any other purpose.
Accessing or Managing Your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, machine readable format. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement). Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to us processing your data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority.
To exercise your rights, or if you have questions about our privacy practices or need assistance with exercising or understanding your privacy choices, please contact our Data Protection Officer of Sabon Headquarters by writing at email@example.com or you may write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabon will make its best to help you with any of your requests. In case you still have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority: https://ico.org.uk/